Saturday, April 13, 2013

Itsukushima Shrine

This post's random personality: vocabulocity

Good evening.  During my trip we arrived at Miyajima, the designation of the island where the famed Istukushima Shrine is located.  The shrine itself was, to say to least, interesting; but was by great extent not the most entertaining.









By far, the greatest activity in my opinion was that which was not recommended...


Although this would appear at first glance to be quite standard countryside, upon closer investigation of the location it is noted that I am standing on part of a mountain.

The red and circled area is where I was.  It was rather like that throughout the entire area.  I attracted the attention of several people, one of which commented that he initially thought me a deer.


Speaking of which, I believe I am missing one other addition that modified my experience in a positive manner: close-up experiences with Pecora Cervidae.

 Japanese deer appear to be rather different from American deer; their external ears appear slightly larger and they appear slightly smaller--adding a bit of "mule" to the classic depiction of this species.

(We were not actually permitted to touch the deer; I was putting up my hand to show how close I was.  The only problem was that the deer wanted to touch us).




Overall, I must conclude that this was a most satisfactory visit, not to mention my favorite so far.

1 comment: